Saturday, January 3, 2015

Korea!!! Hallyu!!! Aja Aja!!!

Anyeong Haseayo!

Ok, if you could hear me saying that it would sound pretty terrible. errr....

Anyway, it wasn't my plan to go to Korea. (This trip happened on Oct 26 - Nov. 1 2014) Somehow, after some "suggestion" from my Mom to go to Korea, I booked tickets from Air Asia and began researching about 2-3months or 3-4 months prior to the trip. Yes, during all those months I researched and talked to some people, got their itineraries and then researched some more to get my perfect Korean Itinerary. It was perfect for me since I managed to visit all of the places in my itinerary. :) Yes all of it.

At the time of travel, the exchange rate was 1 PHP = .04 KRW

So if you plan on traveling exchange rates may have changed, ok?

Expenses!!!
Tickets Roundtrip from Air Asia -- around more of less P10,000+ per person including baggages, it was the spur of the moment-had-to-grab-it-sale-opportunity, hence, the price. Was it worth it? Yes, Autumn Season!!! :) Red and Yellow trees :)





Accommodation: Suitcasers Hostel -- around P4,500/night for a triple room. At the time of booking it was KRW 90,000/night and if we stayed more than 5 nights we get a 5% discount and a free wifi egg. :) Not bad considering it's kinda near the City Hall Subway Station.

Just look at the cute bath tub :) Selfie pic in the bathroom, a must?



Food: Sky's the heaven!!! According to my parents, since we're in Korea might as well eat all the local and must eat dishes. Yeah, budget for food was pretty high. Upside, the food was great and you won't eat most of it here in Manila. 

Disclaimer: No, I ain't a rich kid if you're already assuming that. 
I shouldered most of the travel cost, so now I'm more 
of a save-save-save type of girl. :) Yeah, right...

Transportation: We mostly took the Subway for our travels around the city. Prices are per person unless otherwise stated.
T-Money Reloadable Card: KRW 2,500
Load: KRW 15,000 for 6 days
Airport Bus to City: KRW 16,000
City to Airport: KRW 37,500 for the three of us, including toll fees. Taxi stopped by the bus stop and saw my parents and negotiated. Very rare, I know but at least we got to travel to the airport comfortably and in about 30-45minutes.
Train to Gapyeong: KRW 12,000
Circular Bus Gapyeong: KRW 5,000 (Gapyeong-Nami-Petite France)

Entrances and Tickets: Prices are per person unless otherwise stated.
Banpo Fountain Show: KRW 15,000 I booked this online through funtastickorea.com  since I couldn't find anything on the internet detailed instructions via subway on how to get to the pier.
Nami Island: KRW 8,000
Petite France: KRW 8,000 but we got it for KRW 6,000 through Visit Korea Committee :)  Again, it was research, lots of research.
Everland: KRW 37,000. Just visit Everland website or visit this link to print out the discounted coupons. Or you can just present your passport at their Ticket Booth for Foreigners. It's just past the main ticket booths, right side.
Palace all you can ticket: KRW 10,000 You can purchase this at any of the Palace sites or Jongmyo Shrine. This is a good deal if you're going to visit more than one palace and visit the Secret Garden of Changdeokgung Palace.
 
Note: Secret Garden Palace has a separate entrance fee apart from Changdeokgung Palace ticket.


It's easy to get lost in Korea. I got lost in the subway. Bit of a panic attack but kept it cool. Organizers can't panic!!! :) It's easy to get lost particularly in Seoul. Sometimes, getting lost is a good thing since you see more of how different a city is from your home. And then thoughts like these either make you sad, disappointed then angry at how your government spends your taxes. :D

Got lost in Hongdae..couldn't find the murals and that Picasso Street which I passed by. I got confused with my map but oh well, but I did see this quirky building :)













No comments:

Post a Comment